Upcoming Training and Conferences
- Conference Flash – Quebec – March 15th 2024
- Weekend Intervention Management for Officers – Region of Quebec – April 19-20-21 2024
- Change agent phase 1 (1/2) (Thermal phenomena) – Location to be announced – April 29-30, May 1st 2024
- Firefighting Tactics Week – Montreal, May 13th to 17th 2024
- Change agent phase 1 (2/2) (Thermal phenomena) – Location to be announced – May 27-28-29th 2024
- Change agent phase 1 (1/2) (Smoke analysis) – Location to be announced – Sept 16-17-18th 2024
- Firefighting Tactics Week – France, Lyon region – Sept 30th to Oct. 4th 2024.
- Weekend Intervention Management for Officers – Montreal Region, October 4-5-6th 2024
- Change agent phase 1 (2/2) (Smoke analysis) – Location to be announced – October 14-15-16th 2024
- Conference Flash – Montreal – Oct. 25th 2024.
- Firefighting Tactics Week – Quebec Region – November 11th to 15th 2024
Presentation of the training programs offered
Firefighting Tactics Optimization
This program is based on the latest studies on building firefighting tactics from scientific organizations such as NIST, UL, and IFSTA.
The comprehensive specialized program in building firefighting tactics training consists of 7 modules. The primary objectives of this program are:
- Reducing losses;
- Increasing the efficiency of tactics used;
- Ensuring a safe approach to work during a building fire;
- Understanding fire development;
- Implementing tactics that have a real impact on preventing injuries among firefighters;
- The goal is to adapt firefighting tactics to the reality of modern fires.
The modules included in this program are as follows:
- Thermal Phenomena of Building Fires – 6 hours
- Smoke and Building Fire Analysis – 6 hours
- Principles of Building Fire Spread – 6 hours
- Nozzles and Building Fire Extinguishing Techniques – 7 hours
- Transitional Attack – 7 hours
- Nozzles and Water Application Methods – 7 hours
- Building Firefighting Tactics – 6 hours
Total – 45 hours
Become an instructor for the ‘Firefighting Tactics Optimization‘ program for your fire service and become a Change Agent!
Smoke and Building Fire Analysis
Principles of Building Fire Spread
Nozzles and Building Fire Extinguishing Techniques
Nozzles and Water Application Methods
Building Firefighting Tactics
Flash Formation is launching a new program titled ‘Change Agents Development.’ This program aims to identify leaders with instructing qualities within a fire service and train them to deliver the ‘Firefighting Tactics Optimization’ program by Flash Formation.
The objective of developing leaders and change agents is to make fire services self-sufficient in terms of firefighting tactics training. By training and mentoring leaders and change agents within the fire services, Flash Formation enables these managers to rely on internal resources to address the training challenge.
A change agent is a person officially appointed by the organization to deliver training on tactics and drive change. Beyond being an instructor, the change agent’s role is to analyze their organization, identify elements that can support or hinder the implementation of change, and establish a strategic plan and communication plan.
The selection of leaders and change agents in a fire service can vary based on needs and diverse realities. Some services may rely on experienced instructors, while others may prefer to assign this role to an officer or a member of the leadership team.
In any case, a change agent possesses :
- Influential power;
- The ability to organize and implement change;
- Ease in delivering training;
- A long-term vision embedded in a strategic plan;
- A desire to innovate their organization.
However, the training of change agents is not limited to knowledge of firefighting tactics. The program includes various training modules covering the following topics :
- Andragogy: Adult pedagogy;
- Individual and group communication;
- Participant’s synergology;
- Instructor’s social, emotional, and situational intelligence;
- The ‘Wow Effect’ in a presentation;
- Instructor’s leadership;
- Change management and leadership;
- Strategic planning and communication in change leadership;
- Marketing: A tool for selling a training concept.
Once certified as Flash Formation instructors, they receive a license for dissemination. When an instructor provides training, a fee is paid to Flash Formation for issuing the certificate. This certificate then allows for reimbursement under Part 3 of the financial assistance program of the Ministry of Public Security.
Dates de la formation
Change agent phase 1 (Thermal phenomena)
- April: 29-30th, May 1st 2024 – Location to be announced (1/2)
- May: 27-28-29th 2024 – Location to be announced (2/2)
Change agent phase 2 (Smoke analysis)
- September: 16-17-18th 2024 – Location to be announced (1/2)
- October: 14-15-16th 2024 – Location to be announced (2/2)